Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I am alive (by Smrit)

My mother said to me, "If you become a soldier, you'll be a general, if you become a monk you'll end up as the pope". Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.
— Pablo Picasso

When I was six I was supposedly asked what I would like to be. "Doctor!" came the pat reply. When same question was put across when I was 11, I answered "Engineer". At 15, I wanted to be an "Artist" : at 17, I a "Nurse"; and the answer kept changing.

My friends had similar replies doctor/pilot/engineer- no doubt parroting the perception of the society engraved in our minds. No importance was given to other professions. However, times have changed. My six -year- old niece wants to be a "Successful Mode" and my teenage nephew wants to be a "Musician" and their partents have no objections regarding his'wants'- not yet.
It feels great to know that traditional perceptions regarding profession have changed.
- By Smriti RDN Neupane

4 comments:

  1. wonderful perfect feelings shared, its a blessing, benediction

    ReplyDelete
  2. म एडम्स KEVIN, Aiico बीमा plc को एक प्रतिनिधि, हामी भरोसा र एक ऋण बाहिर दिन मा व्यक्तिगत मतभेद आदर। हामी ऋण चासो दर को 2% प्रदान गर्नेछ। तपाईं यस व्यवसाय मा चासो हो भने अब आफ्नो ऋण कागजातहरू ठीक जारी हस्तांतरण ई-मेल (adams.credi@gmail.com) गरेर हामीलाई सम्पर्क। Plc.you पनि इमेल गरेर हामीलाई सम्पर्क गर्न सक्नुहुन्छ तपाईं aiico बीमा गर्न धेरै स्वागत छ भने व्यापार वा स्कूल स्थापित गर्न एक ऋण आवश्यकता हो (aiicco_insuranceplc@yahoo.com) हामी सन्तुलन स्थानान्तरण अनुरोध गर्न सक्छौं पहिलो हप्ता।

    व्यक्तिगत व्यवसायका लागि ऋण चाहिन्छ? तपाईं आफ्नो इमेल संपर्क भने उपरोक्त तुरुन्तै आफ्नो ऋण स्थानान्तरण प्रक्रिया गर्न
    ठीक।

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the share. If you want to read a full one, please go here http://smritirdn.blogspot.com/

    Read on for more!

    ReplyDelete